Moncks Corner Tree Ordinance
It is the desire of Moncks Corner Town Council to preserve existing trees to the greatest extent possible. Permits for removal of protected trees may be approved and issued where one or more of the following conditions are deemed to exist by either the administrator or Moncks Corner
(1) Trees are diseased, dead or dying;
(2) Trees pose a safety hazard to nearby buildings, utility lines, or pedestrian or vehicular traffic;
(3) Trees prevent essential grade changes or all reasonable utility installations;
(4) Trees prevent all reasonable site configurations;
(5) Removal of trees is the only reasonable means by which building, zoning, subdivision, health, public safety, or other town requirements can be met;
(6) Trees are located on the construction site and up to five feet around the perimeter of the construction site of an approved building and related driveway/parking area;
(7) The lot is of such density with existing trees that the removal of certain protected trees is considered beneficial;
(8) Removal of trees has otherwise been approved by Town Council.
(a) Grand trees may only be removed when approved by action of a majority of Town Council.
(b) The approving authority may require tree replacement as a condition of approval.
Where replacement trees are required in fulfillment of the requirements of this section, they shall be no smaller than two and one-half inches DBH. Moncks Corner Town Council is empowered to require trees of larger DBH or a greater number of replacement trees as determined appropriate for site specific conditions and the circumstances.
Get In Touch
2851 Maybank Hwy, Johns Island, SC 29455
"Rooted in Excellence"
Charleston Tree Experts' premier specialties are in Arborist consulting, tree preservation, hazardous tree removals, tree pruning, and managing Charleston’s urban forest for greater growth. We have a wealth of knowledge in performing tree care services from delicate or seemingly inaccessible places. Let us help you.